Network virtualization, SDN and analytics provide the automation, programmability and agility needed to deliver complex services and new use cases in 5G networks. Networks must be flexible and scalable to support massive numbers of devices across different verticals. As these networks continue to transform, for the foreseeable future the networks will consist of both legacy and virtualized network functions thereby creating hybrid networks. To manage these flexible, programmable, scalable, evolving hybrid networks, we need network management that manages end-to-end across Radio, Transport, and Core network technologies.
Ericsson Network Manager is an entirely unified Network manager with Universal applications for all Network technologies and with ease of navigation between apps, throughout the network and network layers creating a seamless and efficient operation.
Ericsson Network Manager offers a uniform operational environment with a collection of consolidated management functions based on a cloud-based ready software platform. With it’s close to zero-downtime during software upgrade in ensure full visibility and control of the networks. The system also provides a set of unified applications and tools to manage Radio access, Transport, and Core networks in a controlled and secure way.
- A Uniform Environment – with a common set of applications you are able to manage all technologies, all accessed through a single view with secure control.
- Managing all technology and the evolution – Managing all classical technologies out-of-the-box from day one, Ericsson Network Manager is also managing all cloud-based technologies in the same uniform way. It is also ready to handle the change from 4G to 5G and is continuously updated to be ready for the next wave of technology.
- Virtual Network Function Manager (VNFM) - Ericsson Network Manager delivers VNFM function combined with analytics and policy-based auto-scaling capabilities. The VNFM function interworks with various standard distributions.
- Scalability – High capacity, through a flexible scaling deployment, that enables consolidation of existing OSS sites tobe it to grow or manage more complexity or indeed consolidate a number of existing OSS sites into one.
- Automation - To provide the best operational efficiency, superior network performance, and fast time to market, several automation capabilities are built into ENM. Advanced incident management and VNF auto-scaling functions are provided by leveraging machine learning techniques. Real-time analytics functions exist for monitoring, anomaly detection and prediction and resolution.
- Open and Easy to Integrate – ENM provides a set of open and easy to use integration points to your existing OSS environment, e.g. configuration changes can be made through a single format for all technologies.
- Release Independence - With is model driven node integration, it provides a fast pass capability enabling new mobile network software to be deployed without upgrade the network management system and still to be fully managed in ENM.
- Several Deployment Environment - Depending on the operator’s needs, the network management system may need to be deployed as an integrated hardware system or as an application on the operator’s cloud. There must be flexibility and agility in the network management systems to cater to both requirements and scenarios
Ericsson Network Manager is a unified network management system which provides operators with a consolidated view in order to perform efficient network operations.
Designed to meet the needs of local and global operators and today deployed in major Tier 1 and Tier 2 operators around the world.
- Automated optimization and advanced troubleshooting for improved network performance
- Best-in-class usability and workflow management for improved operational efficiency in service delivery
- Future-ready platform supporting all future network evolution
- Comprehensive TCO benefits from process automation, upgradability, scalability, usability, administration, energy management, competence re-use, and resource usage
- Always-on network quality is ensured using tools that efficiently integrate and adapt, detect, diagnose and resolve issues
- Efficient SW upgrade with zero downtime
- Release independence allowing to upgrade the network or a part of the network without having to upgrade the OSS. This will enable afast roll-out of new NW releases.
- Hybrid management and VNF lifecycle management
- Incident management provides support for reducing work for detection and resolution of incidents