Annual General Meeting 2020
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson's Annual General Meeting (AGM) 2020 was held on Tuesday, March 31, 2020, 3.00 p.m. at Kistamässan, Arne Beurlings Torg 5, Kista/Stockholm, Sweden.
Addresses to Ericsson shareholders
Due to the crisis relating to the spread of the Corona virus, the scope of Ericsson’s Annual General Meeting 2020 is reduced to focus on legal requirements only and there will be no speeches at the meeting. Pre-recorded speeches by President and CEO Börje Ekholm, Chair of the Board Ronnie Leten and Chief Compliance Officer Laurie Waddy are available below.
Update on Ericsson’s Annual General Meeting 2020 addressing the Corona virus
- Ericsson plans to hold its Annual General Meeting of shareholders 2020 as scheduled at 3:00 pm CEST on March 31, 2020, but takes precautionary measures
- Due to the current circumstances, the President and CEO Börje Ekholm and the Chair of the Board Ronnie Leten will not attend in person, but will participate via link
- No speeches by Ericsson representatives will be delivered at the meeting and the presentation of proposals will be kept to the minimum. Speeches will instead be pre-recorded and are planned to be made available here before the meeting
- Ericsson intends to offer a live webcast of the Annual General Meeting and Euroclear Sweden AB will offer shareholders who are individuals the option to vote via proxy
- No food or refreshments will be served, the option to visit the Ericsson Studio is cancelled and the doors will open 2:00 pm CEST instead of 1:30 pm CEST
- The Nomination Committee has decided to withdraw its proposal to increase the Board fees and proposes that these remain unchanged
Ericsson would like to remind shareholders of the possibility of not attending the meeting in person. Instead they can appoint a proxy who will vote on their behalf. Shareholders who want to authorize a proxy to vote on their behalf, can find relevant templates here.
Euroclear Sweden AB has informed Ericsson that they, at no cost, offer a possibility for shareholders who are individuals to appoint a proxy designated by Euroclear Sweden to vote in accordance with the shareholder’s instructions. Ericsson welcomes this initiative. More information about this offering from Euroclear was available at Euroclear’s website. As an alternative, shareholders who have given notice of attendance may give their proxy to Euroclear Sweden in-person at Kistamässan from 10:00 am until 2:30 pm CEST on March 31.
Read press releases here 'Update on Ericsson’s Annual General Meeting 2020 addressing the Corona virus' and 'Ericsson takes further precautionary measures for its AGM 2020 and the Nomination Committee proposes unchanged Board fees'
Minutes from the Annual General Meeting
Exhibit 1 (not public)
Notice convening the Annual General Meeting
Read the press release here
Registration and notice of attendance
Shareholders who wish to attend the Annual General Meeting must:
- Be recorded in the share register kept by Euroclear Sweden AB (the Swedish Securities Registry) on Wednesday, March 25, 2020, and
- Give notice of attendance to the Company at the latest on Wednesday, March 25, 2020.
Notice of attendance can be given as follows:
- online or
- by telephone +46 8 402 90 54 on weekdays between 10:00 a.m. and 4:00 p.m. or
- in writing to:
Telefonaktiebolaget LM Ericsson
General Meeting of shareholders
c/o Euroclear Sweden AB
101 23 Stockholm, Sweden
When giving notice of attendance, please state name, date of birth or registration number, address, telephone number and number of assistants, if any.
The Annual General Meeting will be conducted in Swedish and simultaneously translated into English.
For further information on how to attend and participate at the Annual General Meeting see below.
Proposals from the Board
The Board of Directors' proposals are included in the invitation to the Annual General Meeting.
The Nomination Committee Proposals and Explanations
Proposals from shareholders
The proposals from shareholders under item 20-23 are available in the original language (Swedish).
Proposals from the shareholder Thorwald Arvidsson, item 20-21 (letter 1)
Proposal from the shareholder Thorwald Arvidsson, item 22 (letter 2)
Proposal from the shareholder Einar Hellbom, item 23