Ericsson believes, providing a safe and healthy work environment is of fundamental importance. The work environment and safety of our suppliers’ employees must be prioritized.
Sound workplace, welfare facilities and personal protective equipment must be provided for Employees and maintained in accordance with international standards and national laws. Equipment and tools should be in good order and suitable for the corresponding task.
Employees must be provided with appropriate health and safety information and training, including information about risks they are exposed to and relevant control measures, arrangements for safe evacuations of buildings and workplaces, correct handling and marking of chemicals, and proper use of machinery and tools.
Our Zero Tolerance Safety Rules and specific OHS standards apply to everybody in our supply chain, and are intended to help ensure safety for everyone, everywhere, every day. The Zero Tolerance Safety rules are:
It is important to report and document incident and near miss, but it’s even more important to analyze the root cause of why they occurred and determine what actions to take to prevent reoccurrence and severer cases that share same root cause.
Reporting should be done through the Global Incident Reporting Tool - OHS GIRT.
Generic occupational health and safety requirements
Suppliers must have an Occupational Health and Safety (OHS) Management System including the following parts:
- Risk Assessment
- Improvement program, including objectives and action plans
- Measures to monitor and comply with all applicable OHS legislation and regulations
- A competence plan to ensure that all Employees are competent for their assigned tasks and have appropriate education, training and experience to perform their tasks in a safe manner
- An appropriate incident reporting and investigation procedures, including a process for corrective action
Specific occupational health and safety requirements and standards
In addition to the Generic Occupational Health & Safety Requirements, specific requirements are required for Suppliers when applicable. This includes Suppliers within Construction, Field Maintenance, Network Roll-Out Services, Logistics, Warehouses and for all other Suppliers where these specific requirements are included in the contract.
These Specific Occupational Health & Safety Requirements are available in detail here: Responsible sourcing.
- Does your company comply with the Ericsson General and Specific Health and Safety Requirements?
- Does your company follow the rules described in Ericsson Zero Tolerance Safety rules as well as applicable Ericsson OHS standards?
- Does your company conduct Risk Assessments to identify risks and control measures to mitigate them?
- Are your employees encouraged to actively contribute and participate in the development and implementation of OHS?
- Does your company have procedures in place to identify, document, and follow up incidents and accidents in order to remedy and prevent future events from reoccurring?
- Does your company keep records on planned and completed trainings?
- Do you have control of all the legal requirements on how to handle them?