Ericsson field service professionals
We are looking for talents
We’re one of the largest and most forward-thinking companies in the rapidly changing field of information and communications technology, partnering with global operators to provide some of the most advanced network infrastructures on the planet.
Approximately 40 percent of global mobile traffic already runs through networks supplied by Ericsson. More than 1 billion subscribers around the world rely on networks that we manage. But those networks don't build, run and maintain themselves - that's where you come in.
We’re looking for talented, passionate people to join us as Ericsson Field Service Professionals (EFS) in roles like:
- Telecom Tower Technician;
- Field Technician;
- Survey Technician;
- Field Service Manager;
- Fiber Installation Technician;
- Implementation Coordinator.
As an Ericsson Field Services Professional (EFS), you’ll be in the field operating, repairing and maintaining network, hardware, software and other telecom- and IT-related systems.
Full training. Full support.
At Ericsson, you will be trained on the latest technologies, methods and safe work practices and will be provided access to many career progression opportunities. You will initially work closely with a mentor, as well as the larger field-based team, to develop your skills and experience. Once you become proficient in one area, you will be given opportunities to broaden your knowledge and skills through cross-training. You will also receive robust safety training to make sure your health and wellbeing are protected on the job, including:
- Basic Health and Safety
- Lab Safety
- Bio Risk Safety
- Work at Height / Safe Climbing
Our commitment to safety
We take an inclusive approach to health and safety by actively working to prevent injuries and work-related illnesses, with a vision of achieving zero major incidents. To achieve this vision, we apply a risk-based approach and have a variety of tools and processes in place to protect our valued workers.
Comprehensive OHS measures:
- Medical examinations – regular medical check-ups are done for individuals involved in field maintenance work
- Driving and vehicle guidelines – we provide detailed guidance on how to drive safely using two wheelers or four wheelers
- Security guidelines – our regularly updated guidelines include special trainings for individuals working in sensitive areas
- Safety culture – reinforcing the safety rules to increase awareness and adherence to improve upon a ‘safety first’ culture
Stories of Ericsson's #NetworkHeroes
Abdul Hamid Malik, an Ericsson Field Engineer, once trekked 28 Kilometers in the snow to fix a network site. The weather and terrain were stacked against him and his team, but they only rested once connectivity was restored to the local area.
Aijaz Ahmad Wani once restored operations near Jawahar Tunnel on the Jammu-Srinagar highway in spite of heavy snowfall, potential avalanches and the threat of wild animals on the mountains.
Pappu Kalita, an Ericsson Rigger, regularly transports heavy equipment on his bicycle – sometimes through heavy rains – to restore connectivity whenever there is a network issue.
These intrepid Ericsson Field Service Professionals (EFS), and many like them, are the heroes that ensure that their communities have high quality connectivity – no matter what. They are the ones that maintain the networks so many of us rely on every day. It’s a truly important job, so we salute the dedicated men and women who play such an integral role in empowering our modern society.
The foundation of the networked society
As an Ericsson Field Service Professional (EFS), you will regularly have the opportunity to:
- Perform skilled construction, installation, repair and maintenance work;
- Work as part of a team of employees in Ericsson Field Services and other Ericsson organizations to deliver high-quality services using safe working practices;
- Perform both task-based and project-based, on-site work across multiple customer and multi-technology networks;
- Use state-of-the-art equipment, tools and systems;
- Be part of something BIG – delivering and maintaining the next-generation technologies that power the networks so many people use every day
We are looking for candidates that possess many different levels of experience and qualification:
- Self-starters with the desire and ability to learn and retain new knowledge
- Team players with excellent interpersonal communication skills
- Excellent organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to exercise flexibility in challenging and/or perplexing situations
- Ability to multi-task and maintain composure in stressful and demanding work environments
- A high level of computer experience and proficiency
Additional, desirable qualifications include:
- Basic experience within the field operations environment of a mobile or telecommunications network provider
- Basic, demonstrable understanding of RF theory and practice, data communications and networking
- Knowledge of health and safety practices within an operational environment
Here at Ericsson, we believe that our society can - and should - be transformed for the better. With your help, we can build the most advanced and reliable networks in history, empowering every person and every industry to reach their full potential.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Learn more
Ericsson is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer.
We do not discriminate based on race, colour, gender, sexual orientation, transgender status, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, parental status, religion, political opinion, nationality, ethnic background, social origin, social status, indigenous status, disability, age, union membership or employee representation and any other characteristic protected by local law, as applicable, and/or Ericsson’s policies.
If you need assistance or to request an accommodation due to a disability, please contact Ericsson at email@example.com. or (866) 374-2272 (US) or (877) 338-9966 (Canada) for further assistance.
Labor condition application posting notices - United States
Pursuant to Department of Labor regulation 20 CFR 655.734, Ericsson Inc. is providing notice to potentially affected workers that H-1B workers are beeing sought at the worksites listed below. All labor condition applications are avaliable for public inspection at our administrative headquarters for immigration matters located at:
6300 Legacy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024
Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with any office of the Wage and Hour Division of the United Stated Department of Labor.
Important notice: fraudulent job offers
It has come to our attention that emails and job adverts have been created and circulated by unknown individuals for the purpose of attempting to defraud candidates.
Potential candidates should be wary of approaches that appear to be offering a job for which they have not applied, especially if personal details or money must be sent in order to proceed with the recruitment. Neither Ericsson nor any commissioned third parties recruit in this manner. Such approaches are almost certainly fraudulent attempts to gain details of identity for illegal use.
Ericsson is taking all necessary steps to investigate this matter further.