In the spotlight
Dare. Design. Deliver: Ericsson D-Fifteen debuts in Silicon Valley
In April 2019, Ericsson launched D-Fifteen, a co-creation and innovation center, in Santa Clara. The site is named for Ericsson's first workshop on Drottninggatan 15 in Stockholm, capturing the rich history and collaborative spirit of innovation that is at Ericsson's core. Serving as a center for research and development (R&D), D-Fifteen will be at the core of the next industrial revolution, powered by 5G.
Margaret Herndon, Head of Marketing and Communications for Ericsson North America says: "D-Fifteen will be a place for experimentation and collaboration, a showcase for the promising technologies that 5G will empower. This facility will bring together the brightest minds in Ericsson and, working with our partners, we'll tap into the fast-moving, boundary-breaking spirit of Silicon Valley to bring about the next evolution in mobile networks. We want our partners to dare, design and deliver all in one world-class facility."
Using D-15 Labs or D-15 IoT Studio, the center will be a hub for developing advanced solutions and technologies that will power the next generation of network advancements. Customers, partners, and the Silicon Valley community will be invited to contribute to the groundbreaking advancements in Core, Edge Computing, Ai, and Cloud.
New Ericsson Global Artificial Intelligence Accelerator (GAIA) Hub in Montreal
Ericsson, in May 2019, announced the launch of the Global Artificial Intelligence Accelerator (GAIA) in Montréal. This center, combined with the further development of 5G, will allow for greater research & development (R&D) in the fields of Artificial Intelligence (AI) and Machine Learning (ML). This integration will increase network efficiency, intelligence, and reduce energy consumption for consumers.
Ericsson's commitment to transforming the AI and ML ecosystem in Canada is apparent through the launch of this innovation hub, as well as the quest towards establishing data-driven, robust systems.
More than 30 jobs for engineers, data scientists, AI/machine learning (ML) architects, and software developers in 2019, with likely added positions in the future, will be created at Ericsson's Montréal GAIA.
Why our employees love Ericsson
Jennifer Hulett, Head of Human Resources at Ericsson North America, was quoted by Time Doctor about the special efforts Ericsson makes to give our employees a supportive, desirable working environment. These efforts include great work/life balance, amazing benefits, and global exposure.
Read her remarks here!
Ericsson North America Employer Awards
We are proud that we have built an engaged workplace based on leadership, communication and a strong culture that has been recognized. Some of our other achievements include:
- One of Kansas City's Healthiest Employers by the Kansas City Business Journal
- One of the Healthiest Employers in North Texas by the Dallas Business Journal
- Ericsson in New York City awarded LEED's Gold Certification
- Healthiest Employer award, from local Business Journals in Kansas City and Atlanta
- One of Canada's Top 100 Corporate R&D Spenders by Research InfoSource, 2018
- One of Canada's Best Employers
- 2018 Canada Top-Rated Workplace by Indeed
- 2019 Forbes Canada's Best Employers
Ericsson North America:
- 2019 Forbes Best Employers for Diversity
- 2019 Kansas City Healthiest Employers
- Red Dot award for Rebranding and Design System
- 2018 Atlanta's Healthiest Employers
- Silver Level Recognition 2018 by American Heart Association
- Best workplaces for women 2018 by FairyGodBoss
- Top 50 employer 2018 by Minority Engineer Magazine
- Top 1000 companies worldwide for millennial women 2018 by Mogul
- Top 1000 companies worldwide with the strongest female leaders 2018 by Mogul
- Top 50 employer 2018 by Woman Engineer Magazine
Find your next job
Search, find and apply for your next job here.
Equal Opportunity Employer - Learn more
Labor condition application posting notices - United States
Pursuant to Department of Labor regulation 20 CFR 655.734, Ericsson Inc. is providing notice to potentially affected workers that H-1B workers are beeing sought at the worksites listed below. All labor condition applications are avaliable for public inspection at our administrative headquarters for immigration matters located at:
6300 Legacy Drive
Plano, Texas 75024
Complaints alleging misrepresentation of material facts in the labor condition application and/or failure to comply with the terms of the labor condition application may be filed with any office of the Wage and Hour Division of the United Stated Department of Labor.