The Ericsson Device Connection Platform (DCP) is a cloud service enabling operators to offer connectivity management to their enterprise customers. It supports operators in building up IoT solutions from device connection to deployment of enterprise services.
For business’ and enterprises to realize the full potential of innovation on a global scale and reap the benefits of a compelling IoT service experience, three requirements need to be fulfilled:
• Communication services that are easy to buy and use
• Connectivity management solutions that match the needs of industry use cases
• Visibility and manageability of every IoT device in real-time
The DCP eco-system of operators allows enterprises to start locally and grow business globally step-wise by tapping into the existing operator network. DCP handles multi-domestic connectivity, which means that the enterprise only interfaces to one selected operator, the lead operator. The lead operator taps into the present eco-system or joins forces with new operators as required by the enterprise.
With real-time cost control enterprises can join the fast-paced development of the IoT with minimal investment – at minimal risk.
Device Connection Platform is a dedicated M2M / IoT platform to handle connectivity – and subscription management as well as OSS/BSS during the complete device lifecycle. For enterprises, the core value comes from more efficient business processes:
• Real-time overview and control – view and manage all devices in one tool
• Service Level Agreement (SLA) driven connectivity
• Diagnostics and security on device level
• Automation of business processes
• Pay-as-you-grow business models paired with an automated on-boarding process and efficient integration options, DCP boost the time to market for the IoT, both for the operator and its customers.
The platform offering comprises:
• Basic DCP functionality delivered as a service (DCPaaS) from our production sites including hardware, software and appropriate licenses
• Service portals and APIs for operators and enterprises to manage business processes
• Initial setup of Ericsson DCP
• Solution analysis providing advice to the operator based on its environment
• Training packages for the operator
In addition to the DCP platform Ericsson are committed to assist operators’ sales and marketing teams go to market and to secure deals. Our proven go-to-market program includes everything the operators’ sales and marketing force needs. Working with many operators around the world, we share best practices highly relevant to win business.
To further grow the business and increase the value of the offering we:
• Support operators to onboard more enterprises by leveraging enterprise customer relations of our strategic partners.
• Enriching operators offering with pre-integrated solutions of M2M eco-system partners already on Ericsson Device Connection Platform.
• Lowering the acquisition costs for new customers using the trial kit capabilities of Ericsson Device Connection Platform.
• Ensuring short time to revenue by managing quality & performance of the M2M offer with Ericsson M2M Device & Application Verification Service
In addition to a great product offering, operators must be ready to meet the business-critical requirements to ensure success. Working with many operators around the world, we share proven best practices highly relevant to meet success and provide the sales and marketing collaterals needed to win business.
After the initial setup and launch, we provide local sales development support, assisting the operator in the efforts to sell M2M connectivity to enterprises including e.g. value based selling and lead generation activities.